Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting Back To My Roots


No, I'm not talking about my hair - being the natural fair-skinned brunette that I am, I never had the confidence to go blond. No, I'm talking about my family roots. I'm an avid Today Show watcher, and the series they ran a couple weeks ago about tracing family roots has really inspired me. It may help that as the wedding day quickly approaches, I find myself remembering more and more those who are with me in spirit, and wondering what they would think of my new venture into family life.

There are apparently a lot of helpful resources online for researching one's family history. The article, "Tracing your own family roots," from the Today Show provides several resources to start with. Ancestry.com seems to have a lot of helpful forms and charts to use on my search.

So, I think that I am going to embark on the journey of figuring out my family tree. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to incorporate it somehow into the wedding...although, I'm not so sure I can convince the husband-to-be that it'd be a good idea for him to do the same thing...to be continued...

No comments: